1/16/09

About Yay Life!

I love life. I take great pleasure in the little details of life that reveal themselves to me every day.

I started this blog when I was going through one of the hardest times in my life, which I wrote about here. I needed to remind myself of the happy joyous things all around me while I struggled with severe panic attacks and anxiety.

Focusing on the sweet, colorful, surprising, charming, energizing, tasty or calming moments got me out of my head, out of my worries, aches, pains and dramas, and allowed me to just "be" for those few minutes or seconds. Even the challenges are worthwhile experiences, teaching me something different every time.

And I felt like sharing these moments with you.

They may or may not resonate, but I didn't want to keep them to myself if someone else could find enjoyment in these little details. I especially enjoy food, hence the subtitle of this blog.

Most of all, I'm an optimist, and no matter what's going on in the world, or just in my little corner of it, I can't help but see the "yay" in life!

No comments: